Holme is a village in Near Newark-on-Trent in Nottinghamshire, England. Holme derives from “Holm”, old or middle English for an island in a river, lake or estuary. It is located on the east of the River Trent, across the river from North Muskham and 4 miles north of Newark-on-Trent. Holme is part of the civil parish of Langford.
The Parish church of St Giles is an Early Tudor rebuild of an earlier church, some remaining parts dating back to the eleven hundreds.. The Lancashire wool merchant John Barton was responsible for the rebuilding. He died in 1491, and is buried in the chancel with his wife.